Friday, February 12, 2010

Talking behind one another's back

I was almost late for my BUSMATH class today, not that I looked forward to the moment, really, but after the class today I admit I was slightly encouraged to try and continue putting up with these guys for a little more time. They're quite about as earnest as their ALGEBRA classmates and are quite resilient as to learning too, so bring it!

I gave them the ultimatum: a repeat exam by next meeting and 10% of their current score will be factored in as bonus points so the effort put in the previous exam does not get wasted. I hope that after the lecturing and reminding and assisting that I've given today helps them pass the remedial exam. It just shows my readers how compassionate a brutal instructor I am >:3

In the middle of my discussion, this scene happened in class. I've been suffering from a little bout of colds for a few days now and has slowly started descending to a full-blown cough. Hence I could not control my reflexes while in class.

Scene One: The Sneeze

It was the middle of discussion and my nose suddenly twitched.
Me: *hastily grabs handkerchief from the teacher's desk and sneezes. Class smirks*
Student 1: Sir ang cute nyo bumahing!
Me: Nakakasakit naman, paran
g yun lang ang cute sa kin.

Scene Ends

I dismissed my class after the review of the results of their exam and once again Student 1 approaches me, triggering the next scene.

Scene Two: Talking behind one another's backs

Student:
Sir nakita ko kayo sa caf kahapon
Me: Oh? Nakita moko?
Student: Oo sir, naupo ka sa table tapos binagsak mo ulo mo sa table, parang haggard ang dating nyo dun sir.

This very scene did happen in the cafeteria yesterday. After my ordealing ALGEBRA class, I headed for lunch with my co
mpanions and flopped my head in the lunchtable in exhaustion. A few tables away, I did remember seeing my BUSMATH students and chatted with my friends about their - interesting exam results.

Me: Ah, oo, medyo pagod sa lesson.
Student: Ang cute nyo nga sir e, lalo na nung kumakain kayo.
Me: Mga walanghya kayo ako ata pinag-uusapan nyo habang nandun kayo sa lamesa nyo.
Student: *laugh* Medyo naman sir.
Me: Pwes ako kayo naman pinag-uusapan ko sa lamesa namin!

Suffice to say it made my day in terms of my usual daily madness.

Scene Ends



0 comments: