Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Term begins Anew

Class is once again in session!

I have had the fortune of landing my usual teaching post in Asia Pacific College for the opening of the school term 2010-2011 and I have been assigned four classes of rowdy, bustling first years, all of them enrolled in my IT Concepts Class.

It has been a tradition of mine since I started teaching that my first trimester at school would be devoted to teaching first year students. Their young minds and passions (and untouched innocence of mind from the rigors of College Life) make them ideal targets for my antics and to shape them to become active and lively students throughout their stay in the College. On the side, I find ruining their lives in a most humorous and entertaining manner very intoxicating and thus I have been duly motivated to handle four business-related classes this time around for my IT class.

At least, rowdy and bustling were the words I was expecting for my first day in class. As always, I found the first years the exact opposite of what I had expected: quiet and still.

Hopefully as I continue with this exciting new term (I will be meeting more of my students this Thursday) I will be treated to a whole new avenue of teaching experience that both me and my new students would cherish for the days to come :D


0 comments: