Monday, March 8, 2010

Midterm Exams: A Season of Insanity

It's been QUITE a long time since my last post and all of my students are probably wondering why I have not made a single post yet since the previous one - the gist of the matter is that there is truly nothing postworthy as of note, ergo nothing that meaningful to post. This insane rambling of a blog I made may be all humorous and fun to read, but of course it is down to my part to ensure that everyone gets an amusing read out of whatever I post here, not just something out of a necessity to post.

Anyway, moving along, it is currently the midterm season of the trimester and I've been busying myself in handling exam preparations and administering them to my classes for this week - the first half of my test of mettle whether they truly have learned something from my mad teachings or not. It's been something that bothers me for the better part of this half-term since I fear that my students are either afraid of relaying their actual sentiments regarding my style of discussion or have really not learned anything at all.

My loyal and devout students, however, I spared no expense in preparing nothing but the most exciting exam for them, and the idea struck me as I was raiding in Icecrown Citadel Sunday afternoon - I've encountered an experience with my accountancy students that they tend to have a little issue in reading up an exam's general or specific directions. Hence I opted to create the most insane midterm exam I have ever done.

The Crazy Instructions of my Midterm Exam

I. True or False.
Write F if the answer is true and T if the answer is false.

II. Multiple Choice. Write the letter of the correct answer. Odd numbers should be answered in uppercase letters, even numbers in lowercase letters.

III. Identification. Write the answers in reverse on the space provided before each item. That is, the answer for # 1 should be in the space before #10, the answer for #2 in the space before #9, and so on.

IV. Enumeration. Answer the f
ollowing questions thoroughly. Full marks only if the enumeration is done in sequential order.

V. Essay. Express your thoughts on the issue below. If you have adhered to the general instructions, draw a smiley on the box beside the question and skip this part of the exam.

You have no idea how much of a brain problem it caused my students as they labored over the midterm exams. While they did express themselves that the exam was simple as pie, they could not help but get trumped by the simple act of obeying the rather weird instructions. This is the first time my beloved students ever cursed me amusingly in class for giving out such an insanely weird test.

Well, that opens up my midterm exam week. I hope to get more insights in this week as to the outcome of this breathtaking moment in my academic life.



0 comments: